Sycamore Ranch County Park
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Clay Hash, the Chairman of the Yuba Fest 2019 organizational committee would like to welcome you to the Yuba Fest 2019 blog. This blog will keep you updated with information about the Yuba Fest 2019. I will update with new posts about once a week as details of the event come together.
There will be many activities for attendees including 1) a Women's Fly Fishing station for women of all levels of experience; 2) a series of exploratorium like fly fishing stations for fly fishers of all ages and skill levels including fly casting, fly tying, entomology, knots and rigging and fly fishing gear and equipment; fly casting instruction as well as chanes to achieve internationally recognized bronze or silver level casting credentials; 4) fly tying demonstrations by expert fly tiers; 5) presentations about fly fishing and 6) information about the organizations working to enhance and preserve the Yuba River watershed.
The mission of the Yuba Fest is to encourage the protection, conservation and restoration of the Yuba River and its watershed. Motivated by our love for this river, we advocate active stewardship, public education and activism for the river from the Sierras to the sea.
The Theme of the Yuba Fest 2019
- About Conservation Projects on the Lower Yuba River
- Fly fishing skills, like fly casting, fly tying and entomology
- Tactics and Techniques for fishing the river
- Youth Fly Fishing Education
- Ladies Fly Fishing Education
- With Conservation Groups
- With fellow Anglers
- With Fly Fishing Educators
- The camaraderie and spirit of the event
- The Lower Yuba River
- Yuba Fest After Party at 1849 Brewing Company, Grass Valley, CA from 5:30 pm to ???
- Silent auction for guide trips and fly fishing gear